SIEAT provide professional hydrographic, bathymetric and geographical survey services that cover a broad range of hydrographic disciplines.Our Engineers or surveyors have access to a range of hydrographic survey sensors, platforms, state-of-the-art technology and software, enabling us to deliver a unique, tailored data solution to your specific needs. Survey systems are selected based on the scope of work, water depth, operating frequency, range from shore, accuracy requirements, seabed conditions, and size of vessel or boat.Our hydrographic surveyors are all well qualified and experience, making your complete solution for all of your Survey related Work, Survey planning, data acquisition, processing and reporting needs.SIEAT are early adopted of the latest, proven technology, meaning we’ve tried and tested work flows, allowing our surveyors and engineers to work smarter and more efficiently.We’ll advise you on what the best approaches, so we can meet your project’s quality, accuracy, time and cost goals.
Uses of Undertaking Hydrographic Surveys
- Seabed bathymetric surveys and digital terrain models (DTM) for navigation assessment.
- Support dredging operations – pre and post surveys, and volume calculations.
- Determine sedimentation levels or thickness.
- Seabed habitat mapping Geophysical surveying to determine seabed sub-structure and composition.
- Seabed sampling and geotechnical analysis.
Benefits of Undertaking Hydrographic Surveys are
- Determining seabed form and terrain
- Identifying seabed type, features, objects, debris and object detection.
- Determining sediment thickness
- Shallow geophysical analysis – 0 to 10m below seabed.
Hydrographic Services Can Be Applied to
- Rivers/Lake /Reservoir.
- Dredging Survey
- Route Survey
- Port and harbours.
- Mine workings and infrastructure.
- Marine construction activities.
Survey Systems & Solutions Land Surveys Provides
- Single beam echo sounders (SBES) – single and dual frequency
- Multibeam echo sounders (MBES).
- Tide gauges
- Side scan sonars.
- Sub-bottom profilers
- Real-time data acquisition systems – software and hardware
Bathymetric Data Is Used For Range of Purposes Including
- Charting and Ship Navigation.
- Fisheries Management.
- Environmental Management, Including Establishing Baseline Data to Support Environmental Monitoring.
- Determination of Maritime Boundaries.
- Alternative Energy Assessments (I.E. To Support Offshore Wind and Wave Energy Assessments).
- Research into Coastal Processes and Ocean Currents, For Example Tsunami Modelling.
- Assessment of Environmental Considerations for Marine Geology Resource Management Including the Identification of Geohazards, Such as Underwater Landslides.